Call your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- persistent abdominal pain or cramping
- any vaginal spotting or bleeding
- constant severe headaches
- persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- a gush or leaking of fluid from the vagina
- excessive swelling of the hands, face, feet or ankles
- temperature greater than 101 degrees for more than 24 hours
Cervix: The bottom opening to the uterus which stretches during labor or abortion.
Conception (also known as fertilization): Joining of a male sperm and the female egg to form a human being at its earliest stage.
Embryo: Human life in the earliest weeks of development when all the organs are formed.
Fetus: A developing unborn baby with an observable human structure.
Full Term Pregnancy: The stage at about 40 weeks when the unborn baby is ready for birth.
Last Menstrual Period (LMP): The date when a woman started her last menstrual period before conception. This is the point in time from which the pregnancy and the age of the unborn baby are measured.
Trimester: An interval of three months used to measure three successive stages of pregnancy; first trimester, second trimester, and third trimester.
Uterus: Female organ where the unborn baby develops during pregnancy.