At Bella, we believe that adoption is a very loving, sacrificial option for a woman who is not ready to be a parent or whose circumstances are not right to parent. Although we do not facilitate adoptions, we can discuss many aspects of this option with you including the different types of adoption and the steps you can take to make a personal adoption plan.
Some questions to ask
- How is adoption a loving decision for my child?
- How much time do I have to make an adoption decision?
- Can I choose the family for my child?
- Can I have contact with my child and/or the adoptive parents after the adoption?
- What if I make an adoption plan and then change my mind?
- Will my child be able to search for me someday?
- Does my baby’s father have any rights?
- What if I don’t know who the father of my baby is?
- What if I’ve already had my baby but I’m having a difficult time parenting?
Our trained client advocates can answer these questions and more. If you decide to make an adoption plan, we can also provide you with information on adoption agencies and other resources available in our area.